Sunday 30 November 2014

Week in Review

Greetings Everyone!

It has been another hectic week here at Smash Dragons... with lots of things happening in relation to the blog and speculative fiction in general. 

Firstly, my two part interview with author Matt Karlov went live! Matt was kind enough to take the time out of his busy schedule to answer my questions... and I have heard back from a number of people saying just how much they enjoyed reading his responses. Hopefully this will prompt more buzz and sales for his debut novel The Unbound Man, which I can't recommend highly enough! Do yourself a favour and check it out on Amazon. 


In relation to this I can also announce that the next author to be interviewed by Smash Dragons will be Justin Woolley. Justin has recently released A Town Called Dust, a post apocalyptic novel with an Australian feel. With cracking action, fascinating protagonists, and an interesting setting it is has all the marks to become a raging success. Oh and it has ghouls people... UNDEAD GHOULS! I loved it, and I can't wait to talk to Justin about it! 


Secondly, my stockpile of ARCs and books to read has grown steadily these past few days. Thanks to Netgalley, I now have the following two titles to enjoy and review:



I cannot wait to dive into both them. I have been a fan of Greig Beck's since he first released Beneath the Dark Ice, so I am salivating at the prospect of his latest effort. There will be reviews coming in the near future, so keep a look out! 

Finally, the first blog from the series 'Piercing my Cranium' will go live later this week. It will be a series of opinion pieces about topics that I feel strongly about. The blogs will range far and wide, and it is my hope to generate conversation and healthy debate with their posting. The first entry will be a personal piece about the impact of reading on my life, and how it has shaped and changed me over the years. I hope you enjoy it! 

And before I love you and leave you, in news...

Jim Butcher's new steampunk series The Cinder Spires is moving ahead at speed. The draft of the first book, The Aeronaut's Windlass, has been sent off for its first edit. 

A teaser for the next Star Wars flick has dropped... and boy has it divided fans... check it out at the link below and see for yourself - 


The Aurealis Award entires close in just over a week... be sure to get your work in on time! Also, please support the awards by donating your money or time (or even both!). Please visit their website for more information.

And finally, Anthony Ryan's Queen of Fire (US) cover has been released, and it is gorgeous! 







































Thanks everyone... and remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment