Wednesday 19 November 2014

The Future at Smash Dragons

Morning all!

Just a quick post to bring you up to speed on things that are happening here at Smash Dragons.

Aussie Authors in Focus -

I've decided to start a series of blogs featuring interviews with some Australian fantasy and speculative fiction writers. I think at times we forget just how much talent we have here in Australia, and I want to highlight that through Smash Dragons.

Our first interview we have coming up is with Matt Karlov, author of The Unbound Man. It should hopefully be up for viewing sometime next week. Matt has been very receptive and friendly with his time, and we here at Smash Dragons appreciate that.

Piercing my Cranium -

I've also decided to do an opinion piece once a week... cuz I know how you all just love to hear me rant and rave (I maintain that I am articulate most of the time but my loving wife disagrees). In this series I hope to explore issues that I feel need exploring... like the dispute between Amazon and Hatchette.

Future Reviews -

Thanks to Netgalley, and the good people Macmillan-Tor/Forge, Pocket Books, and Tachyon Publishing I have the following books to read and review for you all...

- The Eterna Files by
- The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig
- Unbreakable by W. C. Bauers
- The Very Best of Kate Elliot by Kate Elliot

Blog Makeover -

I know it's only early days, but I will be looking to modify, improve, fix, duct tape etc the look of the blog as time rolls on. Still relearning after 15 months of being a stay at home dad. Children have an uncanny way of soaking up all of your time!

I think that just about covers it... I will hopefully have more news on upcoming interviews for the AAiF (at first glance that looks like ASOIAF.. get out of my head GRRM!!!) series. If you have any particular Aussie authors you want to see interviewed by all means contact me.

Exciting times ahead... watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mathew !! I think it's all coming together beautifully for your blog !!

    ReplyDelete